Written by: Alyssa Hossler
Welcome to the information page about the Forever Warranty that we include with all of our new and newly used RV’s. On this page, you will find our warranty broken down so you can understand all of its parts inside and out. All of the information provided, in regards to the warranty, is by NWAN RV Warranty Forever. So, let’s get started!
So we start off on the right foot, the Forever Warranty is not offered with every vehicle on our lot. It comes in the deal with all of our new units and the used units that are only two model years old. For example, if you are buying a used RV in 2015, the only used RVs that come with our Forever Warranty are 2013 and newer. This policy changes with the calendar year. I will continue our example by saying that once the year changes, the used models that are covered under warranty move up a year. So, 2013 used models are covered in 2015, but once 2016 rolls around, only 2014 models are covered. Now you may be asking, “So when the year changes, does that mean I lose my Forever Warranty?”. The answer is no. Once you buy your RV, you get to keep your warranty forever! That is why it is in the name. According to the NWAN RV Warranty Forever Program Details & Training Manual, units that will be used for Commercial Use, such as an “emergency unit, hauling, construction (other than driving to and from work), deliveries, daily rentals, carrying passengers for hire”(5), will not be covered by this warranty.
Now that we know which RVs and units are covered, we now need to know how to keep our coverage. Just like a car, RVs need to be inspected yearly. This inspection must be performed by a certified mechanic and cannot be performed by the customer. You do not need to have your RV serviced at Stoltzfus RV’s & Marine in West Chester. You can go anywhere in the country; however, you are more than welcome to service your vehicle with us. We will take very good care of it! As for what happens if you do not have the RV inspected yearly, the Forever Warranty will be terminated. The reason this policy exists is so we can catch a problem in the early stages so it is cost effective for both parties. Letting a problem sit for 3 years, when it could have been fixed at the yearly inspection can lead to more damaging problems that would not have happened if the vehicle was inspected in a timely manner. It is safe to say that this is a very healthy rule. Let’s move on to what is actually covered in our Forever Warranty.
Our Forever Warranty covers the major mechanical functions in the RV. Here is a list of the parts covered in this warranty. This list and its descriptions are quoted from an RV Warranty Forever pamphlet.
Towing and Roadside assistance are not included in this warranty.
- Suspension Components: Leaf and coil springs, shackles and bushings, and rubber suspension springs
- Brake Components: Wheel cylinders, calipers, electric break magnets, and hydraulic tubing and metal fittings.
- Water System Components: Hot water tank, burner assembly, thermostat, thermocouple, gas valve, electronic ignition assembly, PC board, heating system, shower assembly, toilet, sink, holding tanks, gate valves, macerator pump, water pump, faucets, traps, fittings, and water lines.
- Air Conditioning Components: Compressor, evaporator, condenser, capacitors, relays, expansion valve, control module and panel, reversing valve, blower fan and motor, and PC board. Coverage applies to coach air conditioning system only, chassis air conditioning excluded.
- Kitchen Center Components: Range/ oven burner assembly, burner valves, refrigerator/ freezer, microwave, convection oven, thermostat, thermocouple, burner, igniter, and PC board.
- LP Gas System Components: Gas regulators, gas tanks, gas valves, tank gauges, and LP lines and fittings.
- Heating System Components: Furnace igniter, burner assembly, gas valve, gas leak detector, thermostat, thermocouple, blower motor, and PC board.
- Deluxe Appliances: Icemaker, trash compactor, built-in coffee maker, built-in food processor, in-sink disposal, ceiling fan motor, and smoke detector.
- Interior and Exterior Components: Door handles, latches, and springs.
- Manual Leveling Jacks: Factory or dealer installed bolt on and welded scissor jacks.
After reading that long list of what is covered in the Forever Warranty, you probably have some questions. Here are the frequently asked questions provided by NWAN RV Warranty Forever.
Q1: Is there a deductible I need to pay when making a claim?
A1: There is no deductible with the program. All parts and labor are covered 100%.
Q2: Can I perform my own maintenance?
A2: No, all services must be performed by a professional repair facility. This is to endure proper documentation as well as the workmanship of all services performed on your RV.
Q3: When are claims specialists available to take my call?
A3: Claim specialists are available Monday-Friday 8:00a.m. -8:00p.m. and Saturday 9:00a.m. -5:00p.m. EST to answer all of your questions.
Q4: What if I experience a breakdown while traveling out-of-town?
A4: You may take your RV to any professional repair facility. You may contact NWAN RV Warranty Forever at 1-800-810-8458 for additional assistance or you may contact your selling dealer’s service department. You can contact Stoltzfus RV’s & Marine Service Department at 866-755-8858.
Q5: How do I know what maintenance is required to keep my RV Warranty Forever agreement in force?
A5: Simply follow the maintenance requirements outlined in your RV Warranty Forever agreement. If you have any additional questions, pleas contact a claims specialist at 1-800-810-8458.
Q6: Why do I have to follow the maintenance guidelines outlined in my RV Warranty Forever agreement?
A6: Proper maintenance is the best preventative measure in reducing future breakdowns. Your RV is less likely to experience a breakdown if it is being properly maintained.
Q7: How do I make a claim in the event I experience a breakdown?
A7: Take your RV to any professional repair facility and provide them with a copy of your RV Warranty Forever agreement. They will handle it from there. If you have any questions that you would like to ask NWAN RV Warranty Forever directly, you may call 1-800-810-8458 and speak with a claim specialist.
The RV Warranty Forever Agreement has been mentioned a few times in the Frequently Asked Questions. Below is an outline of the important parts in this agreement.
- This warranty cannot be passed on to another owner if the unit is sold privately. This warranty is only valid for the customer and unit at the time of purchase. Any subsequent owners will not have access to this warranty.
- This is a Limited Warranty Important Notice in the agreement that states:
“This is a LIMITED WARRANTY and is not a service or insurance contract. It is not subject to state insurance laws, but is subject to state law concerning warranties. There are no warranties which extend beyond the description herein. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH MAY ARISE UNDER STATE LAW, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIED OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PERTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DRATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. BENEFITS PROVIDED UNDER DEALER WARRANTIES ARE REWUIRED BY STATE LAW ARE NOTE COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR RIGHTS UNDER STATE LAW: THIS WARANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.”
- Maintenance Requirements: When you eventually make a deal with a salesman over what unit you buy, you will be handed a booklet that contains coupons. You are REQUIRED to mail in a coupon, “…accompanied by the receipt and work ordered for the maintenance performed to the administrator to remain eligible for coverage. These maintenance receipts must be mailed within 30 days of your agreement anniversary each year.
RV Warranty Forever!. N.p.: NWAN, 2013. Print.
RV Warranty Forever! Program Details & Training Manual. N.p.: NWAN, 2013. Print.